What's better than a single LED? Lots of LEDs! But adding an LED matrix can mean a lot of wiring and space. This little kit makes the whole thing simple and tidy!
- Requires a 5V supply
- Constant current drivers for ultra-bright, consistent colour
- 1/16 step display dimming
- I2C interface
- Also available as a small 1.2" 8x8 and a 0.56" 4-digit 7-Segment display
- Backpack comes with address-selection jumpers so you can connect up to four mini 8x8's or eight 7-segments (or a combination, such as four mini 8x8's and four 7-segments, etc) on a single I2C bus.
The product kit comes with:
- A fully tested and assembled LED backpack
- Ultra-bright 8x8 matrix
- 4-pin header
Adafruit have even provided a tutorial showing how to solder, wire and control the display and a library to help you get started!