Design your own Pi HAT, attach custom circuitry and otherwise dress your Pi A+ or B+ with this jaunty prototyping HAT kit.
- It has a grid of 0.1" prototyping soldering holes for attaching chips, resistors, LED, potentiometers and more.
- The holes are connected underneath with traces to mimic the solderless breadboards you're familiar with.
- There are also long power strips for +3V, +5V and Ground connections to the Pi.
- Near the top we break out nearly every pin you could want to connect to the Pi (#26 didnt quite make the cut).
This is just the basic version of our Perma-Proto HAT. It comes with a printed circuit board and a single 2x20 GPIO Header for Raspberry Pi to put your Perma-Proto on top of your Raspberry Pi (like a nice little hat...)
Availble in two variants
- One does not come with an EEPROM so you can 'stack' it with other HATs without worrying about an EEPROM address collision.
- One comes with a blank 24C32 I2C EEPROM soldered on and connected to the EEDAT/EECLK lines so you cannot 'stack' it with other HATs. However, you can program in the EEPROM to make a self-identifying setup using the Pi Foundations' HAT specs - please note the specifications are still under development.
A bit of light soldering is required to attach the header to the PCB but it's easy work.
This hat is only compatible with the Raspberry Pi B+ or A+! It will not work with the Raspberry Pi Model A or B.