Get more from :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit with the servo driven Bulldozer add-on. Code it via the MakeCode Editor and use your buggy as a construction robot
With this Bulldozer add-on for :MOVE mini for the BBC microbit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini.
Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via bluetooth, controlled it with a second microbit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally lift and carry stuff too!
This self assembly bulldozer add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the bulldozer add-on up and down.
There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo, you can find out how here. Once the kit is fully assembled, the bulldozer arm can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- This kit requires mechanical assembly.
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- 1 x Set of Buldozer parts.
- 1 x Continous rotation servo.
- 4 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw.
- 4 x M2 Hex Full width nut.
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 screw.
- Length: 110mm.
- Width: 50mm.
- Height: 75mm.
- Guide For Kitronik Custom MakeCode Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.
- WS2812B Datasheet.
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet.
- Build Instructions.