If you want to be a smooth operator then analog input is essential! This mini operators' joystick uses two 10KΩ potentiometers and a spring-back system for the X and Y axes making it a great input device for many robotics projects
Connect one side of each potentiometer to ground, and the other side to a higher voltage and read the analog voltage off the middle (known as the wiper). It's ideal for use with micro-controllers that include analog inputs (like those on the Genuino range) or with the Raspberry Pi alongside our Explorer HAT Pro!
The joystick can also be panel mounted and comes with mounting hardware including a soft dust shield to keep its guts in good working order.
The mounting holes are 32.5mm x 32.5mm apart on the base and the entire joystick is 65.5mm tall of which 40mm is the shaft itself.
- Resistance Value: Standard 10KΩ
- Resistance Tolerance (full range): ±20%
- Independent Linearity: ±1%
- Temperature Coefficient Resistance: ±400 ppm/°C
- X and Y Axis range: ±25°
- Mechanical Lifecycle: 500,000 cycle
- Operating Temperature Range: -10 ~ 80°C