Mote is the most stylish way to light your home (or ship)! Ideal for under-shelf or under-cabinet lighting, or even lighting the way to the emergency exits on your super-yacht (you have one right?)
Mote consists of a USB controller, with four channels, that connects via a USB A to micro B cable to your computer, and up to four APA102 RGB LED strips with 16 pixels on each (for a total of 64 pixels per USB controller, although the firmware can theoretically handle 128 pixels per channel).
Of course, you can have several USB controllers running on the same computer, so your only real limitation is providing enough power.
- USB controller
- Four micro USB channels
- Connects to your computer with USB A to micro B cable (included in Complete Kit)
- Micro USB power boost port for extra pixel brightness
- 16 pixel APA102 RGB LED strips (18cm long, 4 strips included in Complete Kit)
- Custom-designed cables (4x 1m Mote cables include in Complete Kit)
- Ideal for mood lighting, under-shelf or cabinet lighting
We've designed Mote to work equally well with whatever flavour of computer you have, be it Linux (inc. Raspberry Pi 3, 2 or B+), Mac, or Windows.
The USB controller can be powered straight from your computer, but we've provided a power boost port to which you can connect a 2+A power supply, to boost the pixel brightness to retina-searing levels.
We've also put together a Python library to make it really easy to get up-and-running with Mote.
Note: the distance between the mounting hole centres is 167mm, and we'd recommend a 4g x 1/2" (2.9 x 13mm) round head screw for mounting.