This compact expansion board plugs directly into the GPIO header on a Raspberry Pi 3 / 2 / B+ and provides an easy and low-cost solution for driving a pair of small brushed DC motors.Its integrated DRV8835 dual motor driver allows it to operate from 1.5 V to 11 V, making it a great control option for low-voltage motors. The board can deliver a continuous 1.2 A (1.5 A peak) per motor, or a continuous 2.4 A (3 A peak) to a single motor when configured with both channels connected in parallel.
For more information and tutorials check Pololu's product page.
- Size: 1.7″ × 0.65″1
- Weight: 2.3 g1
- Motor driver: DRV8835
- Motor channels: 2
- Minimum operating voltage: 1.5 V2
- Maximum operating voltage: 11 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 1.2 A3
- Peak output current per channel: 1.5 A
- Continuous paralleled output current: 2.4 A3
- Maximum PWM frequency: 250 kHz
- Reverse voltage protection?: Y
Without included hardware.
The DRV8835 itself has a minimum motor supply voltage of 0 V, but the board's reverse-voltage protection circuit limits the minimum to 1.5 V.
Typical results with 100% duty cycle at room temperature.