RoboHAT is a complete robotics controller for your Raspberry Pi based mobile robot.
Supports all models of Raspberry Pi with 40 pin Connector: Model A+/B+ as well as Pi 2 and 3 Model B. Programming is fully supported in both Python and Scratch GPIO. Just look at the features provided in this small board:
- Fully HAT specification compliant
- 5V switching regulator to safely power the robot and the Pi from 7V to 10V batteries
- LED indication of 5V power status
- High efficiency, dual H-Bridge driver to drive 2 DC motors (or 2 sets of 2 if using paired motors on each side of the robot)
- 6, 5V level shifted GPIO inputs with GVS 3-pin connectors (Ground, Volts, Signal)
- 4, 5V level shifted GPIO outputs with GVS 3-pin connectors
- 4-pin male header to directly plug in an Ultrasonic distance sensor. Only uses a single pin on the Raspberry Pi GPIO
- Optional separate power for motors (up to 11V and 1.5A per motor)
- The output connectors can be used directly to drive servos
- I2C breakout connector (standard 4tronix I2C port)
- Includes 2 mounting pillars and screws so it can be securely mounted to your Raspberry Pi
- All of this is directly supported in Scratch GPIO 4 onwards - many thanks to Simon Walters for some excellent work
- Python library module and examples freely available
This controller board is supplied fully assembled. No soldering is required.