The Pololu Zumo chassis kit is an ideal base on which to build a small, high-performance tracked robot platform that is compact enough to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions.
- Each side of the chassis has an idler sprocket that spins freely and a drive sprocket that connects to a micro metal gearmotor (not included).
- The main body is composed of ABS plastic and has sockets for two micro metal gearmotors and a compartment for four AA batteries (not included).
- The battery compartment terminals protrude through the chassis and can be accessed from the top side.
- A black acrylic plate is included with the chassis. This plate holds the motors in place and can be used for mounting your electronics, such as your microcontroller, motor drivers, and sensors.
- Ships as a kit with two silicone tracks, two drive and two idler sprockets, a 1/16″ acrylic mounting plate, and mounting hardware. (Motors and batteries are not included.)
- Assembly instructions are available from Pololu themselves
Fully assembled, the Zumo chassis is 98 mm wide, 86 mm long, and 39 mm high, with approximately 5 mm of ground clearance. Since each side is smaller than 10 cm, this chassis meets Mini-Sumo size requirements. The front screws used to mount the acrylic plate to the chassis can also be used to mount a front scoop that can extend up to 14 mm before exceeding the Mini Sumo limits.